Have you ever questioned any of your answered prayers? Whether what you requested of God is too little or even half completed? Usually, when we pray we are focused on one thing but is that enough? I think in the moments when we are praying we only pray for what we want and feel will help us in our current situations. Today we will talk about 5 verses and ways to be satisfied with your answered prayers even when you feel it isn’t enough.
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29: 11
- After receiving an answered prayer, we have to remember that God has already written our life story and we’re just living it before his eyes. We have to TRUST HIM.
- In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8:26
- The Holy Spirit is not only there to guide us from day to day but also when we pray. Times when we feel like our answers aren’t enough the Holy Spirit is speaking on our behalf about the confusion we feel about half-answered prayers. We have to seek the Lord with all of our hearts.
- If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. Matthew 6:30-32
- There will be times when we do not understand the answers that God sends to us. Most times it is because we have not reached the level of understanding that is required of us. The answers that we are given are stepping stones that lead us to the next blessing.
- Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
- The Lord’s purpose will prevail no matter how many times we take a detour from his path. We have to accept that our plans may not go the way we think or even pray. This is a hard truth that many of us have to swallow.
- Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. Psalms 143:10
- Let your will be done and not mine Lord. If our prayers are not in alignment with God’s will they will not be answered or we will receive answers that we feel aren’t enough.
Prayer: Lord forgive me for feeling like you aren’t answering my prayer to my expectations. I want my prayers to be in alignment with your will for my life because you know me more than I do. In Jesus name, amen.